YipTel Polycom VVX 1500 D
Dual stack business media phone
The business media phone for H.323 and SIP environments combining one-touch video calling, integrated business applications, and advanced IP telephony in a flexible, future-proof Unified Communications (UC) solution.
The Polycom® VVX® 1500 D dual stack business media phone unifies video, voice and applications capabilities in a simple-to-use personal communication solution. With its unique touch screen interface, the VVX 1500 D makes video calls as simple as using a desktop phone. Its large display and ease of use make the VVX 1500 D an ideal productivity tool for today’s busy executives and professionals, whether they are in office, retail, professional services, or healthcare environments.
One-touch personal video device
The Polycom VVX 1500 D includes an integrated camera and delivers easy and instant business-grade video calling with a simple touch of the screen. With native H.323 support, it connects easily with all standards-based H.323 video conferencing and telepresence systems, such as the Polycom HDX® series, and real-time media conference platforms, such as the Polycom RMX series, enabling mass adoption of business-grade video in the enterprise. The VVX 1500 D has multiple adjustable elements including camera tilt, base height and screen angle to suit the environment and a user’s preferences.
Business information at-a-glance
The Polycom VVX 1500 D business media phone features an open API and WebKit-based full browser that enable third-party developers to create applications that integrate the VVX 1500 D with business systems such as UC, customer relationship management (CRM), and other vertical business applications. The VVX 1500 D comes with a Web service called Polycom My Info Portal, through which customers can select to receive personalized Web content, such as stock prices, weather, and news.
Feature-rich phone* with Polycom HD Voice™
The Polycom VVX 1500 D is equipped with all of the capabilities of a full featured SIP IP phone including: six lines, Polycom HD Voice technology, a Gigabit Ethernet switch that supports PoE, and a host of voice telephony functions. These features can be accessed via the buttons on the front of the phone or by simply touching the large color display. Use of the voice telephony functionality requires integration with a Polycom certified SIP call control platform.
Flexible, future-proof UC solution
With H.323 and SIP dual stack support, the VVX 1500 D business media phone delivers a future-proof UC endpoint that integrates voice, video and applications into an overall UC solution. Enterprises can implement the VVX 1500 D with existing and new H.323-based video networks today with the flexibility to integrate it with a SIP IP telephony call control platform in the future.
- Simple and fast one-touch calls – Access video. voice, applications and Web content with a single touch
- Flexible and future-proof – Dual stack support ensures easy connectivity to both H.323 video and SIP telephony simultaneously
- Quick payback – Lower travel expenses. Equip each employee for the cost of one business trip
- Highly customizable – Polycom’s open API and WebKit-based full browser enable third-party applications for horizontal and vertical markets
- Reduced carbon footprint – Require less than half the power of similar products. Designed for lower power consumption using energy-saving PoE and smart motion detection technology
* The activation of voice telephony functionality requires a Polycom certified SIP-based call control platform.
User interface features
Video standards and protocols
Network and provisioning
Open application platform
Headset and handset compatibility
Polycom VVX 1500 comes with:
Unit box dimensions / weight
Master carton quantity
Country of origin
1. Most software-enabled features and capabilities must be supported by the server. Please contact your IP PBX/Softswitch vendor or service provider for a list of supported features.
2. Requires Polycom SIP software version 3.2 or higher.
3. Voice telephony functionality requires integration with a Polycom certified SIP-based call control platform.
4. To enjoy the benefits of Polycom HD Voice when using the phone in the headset mode, you must use a wideband headset
Download the YipTel Polycom VVX 1500 Datasheet (PDF).